Eat Cake for Breakfast!
Kick off Fall with the first cake run/walk in Fort Worth. Participants will enjoy a scenic run/walk along the Trinity River, finishing on the Grove at the unique Waterside development anchored by REI, Whole Foods and has direct Trinity Trails access.
- This event has passed.
Take The Cake 2018
November 10 @ 8:30 am$35 – $55
Eat Cake for Breakfast!
Whether you select the 2 or 5 mile race, you will be greeted at the finish line with cake tastings and a champagne toast. This event benefits the local 501(c)3 organization, A Wish With Wings. For the past 30 years, AWWW has granted wishes to DFW families and children with life threatening medical conditions.
What the Run Includes
- ¼ Zip Long Sleeve Training Jacket (Men’s & Women’s Cut)
- Commemorative Champagne Flute
- Heavy Finisher Medal
- Cake Tastings (3) provided by Susie Cakes
- Champagne Toast provided by Tricky Fish
- Age division awards (5 year bracket) Age Division Awards – 3 Deep in 5 year brackets (under- 14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65+
- Kids 14 and under run FREE
- Live, Local Music
- Cash Bar Available
2 and 5 Mile Run/Walk
- PPU #1 – FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 9TH @ WHOLE FOODS FORT WORTH 3720 Vision Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76109 11a-6p
- PPU #2 – DAY-OF SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 10TH @ THE GROVE (RACE LOC.) FORT WORTH 7a
- 5 MILE START – 8:30AM
- 2 MILE START – 8:45AM
- CAKE TASTING/CHAMPAGNE TENT OPEN
- EVENT CLOSE – 12PM
Cake Tastings provided by Susie Cakes
- Confetti cake – Vanilla cake baked with colorful sugar confetti, filled & frosted with our signature retro-blue vanilla frosting.
- Marble – Vanilla and chocolate cake marbled together with chocolate chips. Filled and frosted with vanilla and chocolate buttercreams
- Coconut – Vanilla cake layered with pineapple accented coconut filling & topped with fluffy coconut buttercream & shredded coconut
- Red velvet – Deep red, moist cake lightly flavored with cocoa, filled & topped with traditional cream cheese frosting. Our bestseller!
- Lemon – Moist layers of vanilla cake filled with deliciously smooth and tart lemon curd. Topped with vanilla buttercream and sanding sugar
- Carrot – Baked with pecans & golden raisins, layered with our unique “praline filling”& topped with traditional cream cheese frosting
- Offerings subject to change